This year marks my fifth season with the York Revolution. As Vice President of Business Development, I get to do all kinds of fun and interesting things and meet some really cool people in my job. Below are my five favorite things about working for the Revs at PeoplesBank Park.
- PEOPLE – I’ve seen quite a few Revolution sales reps over the years, and many of them have gone on to do great things in professional sports. I have great memories of working with and leading these hard working folks. I also look forward to seeing many of our regular fans and season ticket holders each game. Some of you (you know who you are!) are real characters. I also love working with my clients. Between advertising sponsors and hospitality groups, I work with over 100 local businesses and organizations and have built some great relationships.
- COMMUNITY- In my job, I frequently have the opportunity to interact with local non-profit organizations who are finding ways to use the ballpark to promote their work and to raise money. I believe that PeoplesBank Park and the York Revolution are critical to building a flourishing downtown. I’ve also had the opportunity to serve on several local boards and to volunteer outside of my role with the team. I’m particularly passionate about building a strong future for kids in our community. Groups like Big Brothers Big Sisters, Children’s Aid Society, and York City Little League frequently work with us to advance this mission.
- FUN STUFF – I’ve seen all kinds of crazy fun stuff in my time here. I’ll never forget the time we had Willy Wonka with a troop of Oompa Loompas and dropped candy all over the outfield for the kiddos to enjoy. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but I always love seeing these characters perform. Our Saturday night fireworks displays are the best I’ve ever seen – up close and in your face. I am really looking forward to this year’s July4York presented by York Traditions Bank, where we will launch a “human cannonball” before the game! One of our mottos is “What will they think of next?” I always look forward to working with the team in planning the next season’s wild promotions.
- BASEBALL – Most of our guests are here for hot dogs and burgers, T-shirts, games, and entertainment, but some love the game of baseball. You can count me in that group. Watching the team win the Championship last year was a moment I’ll never forget. Every game of the playoffs and championship was exciting and fun.
- BEST DAY EVERS! – We like to say that we are in the business of creating “Best Day Evers.” We want to hear kids on the way out tell mom and dad that this experience was “the best.” Over the past four seasons, I’ve heard and seen countless best days. There’s nothing like seeing a kid on the concourse holding a foul ball he caught smiling from ear to ear. We create best days for our staff too. My best day was when Darryl Strawberry was here as a celebrity guest. I’ve been a huge Mets fan since I was 8 years old (stop laughing), and Strawberry was my hero when I was a kid. I used to imitate his batting stance in Little League. When he visited the ballpark in 2014, I was lucky enough to pick him up at his hotel to give him a ride to the ballpark. It was a moment I’ll never forget.
Thanks for supporting a place that makes things like this possible. Hope your visit with us is your own best day ever!
- Nate Tile, Vice President of Business Development